Sunday, July 23, 2006

My First Blog

My First,

Well my first.. blog.... aa what the F768 lets try this..
I will blog some tech stuff on this .. other wise redir to my prod site .....

For today migrating lotus notes mailboxes to exchange 2003 ...

Enviroment:

Windows 2000 Native AD domain. Exchange 2000 native mode. 28 Exchange 2000 servers where 7 are at HO the rest are remote branches over slow diginet links.

Installing the first exchange 2003 server in to the enviroment.

1. Make sure AD is not in sambles..
2. Forest prep
3. Domain prep
4. Wait for synchronization thought the enterprise and that all domain controller are up to date.
5. Check for any funny in AD ... (there was reported that some attribute could be currupt..but there is a vbs script that shoould fix this.)
6. Install windows 2003 with sp1 and join to domain
7. Patch server
8. Install exchange 2003 with sp2
8.1 Install Lotus notes client 6.5.4 on Exchange server.
9. install latest lotus notes connector( 7 June 2006)
9.1 No configuration done on the connector
10. Install latest migration wizard (June 2006)..
11. Try to migrated a mail box ... and cabammmm the notes client brakes with NSD errors... dammm I thought that microsoft has sorted out these stablilty issues with this... but you never know .. may be it is something that I am doing ..... lets do some debuging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home